02 June 2009

Back From The Dells

We had the last week of our 1-year Dells package last week and it was great. The place we stay is a 3 bedroom/2 bath condo with really big closets that we use as bedrooms so we each have our own space...not to mention a full kitchen and a great view of Lake Delton. There is so much to do there and the highlight is always the waterpark, although really the attraction to the park for our kids are the rides! Well, the following pictures show you how that worked out:

Corey (and I) did all the big coasters at Mt. Olympus and had a ball. Sadly, I'm getting old and those wooden coaster really do my head in but I was so proud of Corey for being so brave so I sucked it up and we had a lot of fun!

Rob got off a bit easier but not too much! There was one of the bigger roller coasters that Lilly could ride and she did....again and again and again. Sometimes she was the only one on the entire ride and she would sit in the front seat with her arms high in the air! I was proud of her, too! Any athletic ability these kids get is from Rob but any sense of adventure they get is all me so I love to see it!!!



We convinced Lilly to try go-karts. She started the first lap in tears but after about the third lap she was having a ball. By the last lap she was back to tears because she didn't know how to get the go-kart to stop. Poor girl.


Clare loved the rides too. She was too small to go on even the smallest rides without either me or Rob riding with her so we had our share of twisty turny rides. Her favorite was the swings (she called it the Up-Down Ride) and we would just sit there for ages while Emma napped and Corey and Lilly did their roller coaster across the way. We could see them so it was very convenient. The park was practically empty so we were able to ride multiple times without even getting off.


Our other big adventure for the trip was horseback riding. The kids had never been before and Corey was old enough to have his own horse. Lilly rode with me. Rob took this photo with Emma in his arms so it's not too good but he did so great....totally confident and not the least bit nervous. Lilly was terrified!! Rob was looking at me like I was insane for dragging her on that Cliedsdale but I KNEW she would like it once she got over her fear and she did. She's a lot like me in that way so I want her to do some things like that...something that challenges her to overcome her fear. It took her about 5 minutes but then she totally relaxed and really enjoyed it. Thatta girl!



Emma's big adventure for the trip was her 4 new teeth! She did great and was a real trooper.

A great week overall. Nice to have the view of the lake back now too (after it washed away last spring). It was a nice kickoff to the summer and great family time! We're going to miss that place.

No comments:

Post a Comment