17 April 2009

QT with Corey

Lilly had a birthday party to go to today so while Clare and Emma were both having their afternoon naps, Corey and I had some really hard-to-come-by quality time together. We started by sitting on the deck while Corey read to me. He's reading his first chapter book and doing such a great job with it. He's tackling a chapter each day in order to finish by the end of spring break and we're both really enjoying it. I must admit, I read ahead. I never have been very patient with books. Anyway, after we read, Corey had a snack and I went out to clear out the van from our morning activities. He came out a couple minutes later and asked if he could help. What a good kid. We finished the last few bits which brought me to my camera. I asked if he'd help me by letting me take some pictures of him and he was all for it. We had a good laugh until my camera's battery died and then we just had a little quiet conversation on my new bench (compliments of my mom) on the front patio until Lilly got home. Corey is gone to school for so much of the day and our weekends always seem to be rushed and full of all-family activity so I really appreciated these few moments of just me and Corey. Did I mention he's a really great kid? I'm reminded every day of what a great big brother Corey is but it was so nice to have the reminder of how great he just is.





Showing off his new shoes:

1 comment:

  1. Great shots of Corey. He is looking like a young man...I love the blue shirt on him.
    I agree, he is a great kid and a wonderful big brother. He did quite a good job feeding Emma her cereal this morning! Mom

    ReplyDelete