01 September 2009

Lilly's First Day of School

Alright, so I'm very behind on blogging. August has been a crazy month of traveling and I have lots of updates to catch up on but today is all about Lilly. About an hour and a half ago, Lilly boarded the school bus for the first time. She said she was nervous about it but it didn't show at all! She walked on that bus confidently and without looking back. I'm sure it helped that Corey was there to help show her the way and it also helped that she knows her new teacher, Mrs. Atilano, pretty well because she was Corey's teacher last year. But I think the main reason was just that she's such a sweet and enthusiastic little person who approaches everything with open arms! I hope she's having a great time. I miss her already.
Corey, of course, started school today, too. He was a little bit nervous only because he wasn't able to meet his first grade teacher prior to today. I'm sure he's over it now and doing just fine. He brought me to tears this morning though as he donned his tennis shoes and tied them all by himself! Sniff. My babies are growing up. I miss him already too.

No comments:

Post a Comment