31 December 2009

Happy Holidays!

It seems as my business has gotten busier, my blogging has gotten very irregular. Sorry about that. The good news is that things are slowing down a bit now so I'll do my best to take some more pics of the kids and to get some more posts going.

We had a really nice, quiet Christmas at home with our big outing being a walk next door for Fondue with the Lyons Family. We all had a great time and it was the perfect end to a great day. Rob and the kids have all been off for over a week now and really everyone has been doing pretty well with the togetherness. Corey has mastered his favorite toy, SuperMarioKart Wii. It was a last minute add and his favorite gift so worth it. Plus Rob and I enjoy it so that's an added bonus. Rob got his ping pong table after years of wishing for one. It's gotten a little use so far but not too much yet. We need Ryan to come over so they can really break it in! Lilly loves her iPod Touch and the only frustrated camper is Clare who really wants Corey's DS or Lilly's iPod to be hers. I can't believe that at 2 she can actually play the DS pretty well...better than me, that's for sure. She thinks she wants one for her bday but that just isn't right, is it?

We've tried doing one-on-one days with the big kids this week. Rob went ice skating with Corey one day and I had a girly day with Lilly on another day. We went out to lunch, then to a little kids salon and she cut about 4 inches off of her hair, got it styled, had her make-up and nails done, and did a craft and then we went to a pottery painting place on the way home. She loved it. I expected her to be a real chatterbox the whole time but oddly she was so quiet. It was a bit unnerving and so unlike her. Not really sure what that was about.... Corey and I are scheduled for the local waterpark on Sunday morning. We're both looking forward to it!

Rob's putting Corey and Lilly to bed now. We celebrated New Years with England at 6pm so we could all partake which was great by me. Our family song at the moment is "I Got A Feeling" by the Black Eyed Peas so we donned our silly hats, blared the music, and had a crazy dance around while blowing little horns to celebrate "midnight". Then we Skyped Lisa, Paul and Ryan to have our little party with them. It was very fun.

I keep reading about people being so glad this year is over and really hoping that 2010 is going to be better for them. Rob saw a poll asking if this year was bad, ok or good and after all the people complaining of a bad year I felt guilty saying that I think it was a good year. Our family and friends all stayed healthy, we had minimal stresses with the rental properties or our finances, my business took off out of nowhere, and generally we're just feeling happy. So many small blessings...Corey doing great in school, Lilly adjusting so well to being a Kindergartner, Clare being the little charmer that she is, and Emma walking, talking (a bit) and just being an all around joy. Oh, and as Rob pointed out, we managed to get through the year without getting pregnant again so all in all - 2009 was a good year! And, "I got a feeling....that 2010 is going to be a good year...that 2010 is going to be a good, good year! Ewwww, ewwwwww"

Here's a few recent, random pics:


This is Rob's job every year and one he's very good at:
My attempt at a new tradition...ready Xmas stories under the tree on Xmas Eve. A bit crazy but good intentioned anyway. Maybe next year will be better....

No comments:

Post a Comment